Tuesday, July 24, 2012
I'm still alive!
My dad has reminded me that I am bad at updating this blog. He has resorted to Facebook stalking me through my mom's account lol So here is an update:
Ryan got his job transfer to the Proving Grounds. They even gave him a 10% raise to go with it. He almost always has a car to bring home from work too. Free gas!
We found a house to rent in Saline, MI. It is a 10min drive into Ann Arbor and about a 20min drive to Ryan's work. This house is probably twice the size of our last house. I will take some pictures (when it is clean) and post them for you. We like the space in this house but we would like to be closer to A2. We only really had a month to find a place this time. So we will probably try to find something closer for next year. Saline is a cute little town but definitely not the best place for transplants looking for new friends.
Still no news on the job front. Most districts aren't hiring. The only jobs that seem to be out there are SpEd. I found one ESL job in Novi (an hour away) but haven't heard anything. I am at least in the system for subbing this year. If I don't find a job I will be able to sub in the 4 main districts for this area.
Ryan's brother came to visit him while I was in Bunker Hill with the family. They had a good boys weekend.
We flew to Kalamazoo with our friend the other week. Definitely a little odd to be in a tiny plane with your friend flying it.
This coming weekend we have a float trip with Chrysler's YP group.
Megan, Jeff, and little Leland will be coming to visit for Labor Day weekend. Time to figure out what is going on in town!
I pulled a muscle on Friday and have had a very uneventful weekend because of it. I am moving around better today. I am hoping I am back to normal before the weekend. I don't want to miss the float trip.
Not much else going on. So, I guess that is all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment