Ryan and I started looking for rings a while ago. It is something we have talked about for years but just never felt a rush, nor did we see anything we liked. Of course, we aren't traditional people. We would be perfectly happy eloping and moving on. The ring isn't a huge important symbol for us either but it is pretty and it is expected. Sometimes, it is easier to give in to little traditions than try to explain things over and over. So we started really looking this winter. All I really knew was I did not want a diamond (for multiple reasons). We found a midnight sapphire ring that we love and bought it. :-)
Super romantic, right? But as I said, we aren't traditional people. But we are officially saying we are engaged now. Yay!
Now comes the planning, truly the number one reason we have put off getting engaged in the first place. I hate planning things. I also don't enjoy weddings and never have. I don't see the point in stressing and blowing thousands of dollars on one day. We are trying to decide what to do. Something simple and small is all we know. But the wedding industry frowns upon that and that makes it difficult. Plus, we both have large families. We have almost 100 people to invite just from family alone.
On the work front, I am working a lot. Two schools are monopolizing my jobs and I get personal calls/texts from the principal for work. I am lined up as the long term sub for a second grade teacher. She is due the first week of May but will be induced early due to medical issues. So I may start in the end of April. Of course, babies can be early too. I have subbed for her a couple of times and she has told them that I will be their teacher for the end of the year.
Things are going very well.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment