Sunday, March 6, 2011

I haven't updated in a while

Things are going well.

Last weekend Ryan's old roommate, Byron, was up in Ann Arbor for business. We drove out to meet him and one of his business friends. I really like that town. It has a good college town atmosphere but also more adult scene. It was cold and snowy so we only saw a bit of the downtown/campus but we look forward to going back when the weather is nice. Maybe stay the night in a hotel so we don't have an hour drive at the end of the night.

I was finally able to register for my certification tests. I have to take 4. Basic Skills(5hrs long), Elementary Education(4hrs long), ESL(2hrs long), and Early Childhood(2hrs long). Total the tests are about $400. April 16th is the only available test date and I can only take 2 tests that day. Luckily I am allowed to take the Basic Skills test and the Elem. Ed. test on a computer at a designated location. I need to pick the dates for those tests now that they have given me the registration numbers for them.
Michigan has not been posting teaching jobs yet. They are still waiting to find out about some budget cuts. I'm actually really worried I won't be able to find a job.

My parents are coming to visit soon!
My dad called Friday and said they would be coming up March 17th-20th. We're excited and trying to think of things to do and places to take them.

Lauren says she may be coming to visit during her spring break too. It will be nice to have visitors and to see Lauren :-)

Well I guess that is all for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive