Monday, February 7, 2011

Breakfast Burritos for the Win!

Lately, Ryan and I have not been cooking meals to proportion. Instead we always make more than we need and freeze the left-overs. It has worked great because then we have lunches ready for us that keep for a long time.

Pizzas
Soups
Waffles
French Toast
Burritos
etc

By far my favorites are the individual bowls of soup and individual burritos. Pyrex is great for freezing the soup in individual bowls that you can pull out whenever you want.

Last night we made breakfast burritos with eggs, smoked swiss, hash browns, sausage, left-over Spanish rice and hot sauce. They were amazing! Naturally we made extras and froze them for easy breakfast. Ryan had one before work this morning and said "it was the best quick breakfast I've ever had, no kidding". So it looks like this is a definite keeper.

I actually started making frozen burritos because our Mexican meals were producing a lot of left-overs. Our fridge had chile verde carnitas, lightly spiced pulled chicken, Spanish rice, black beans, homemade cheese sauce and diced tomatoes. I knew it needed to be used before we would probably get through it and I didn't want to freeze it individually. Thus burritos! We pretty much always have some tortillas in the house.

It's so much cheaper (and I think it tastes better) than buying natural frozen burritos.

Speaking of, I think I will make myself a meal with a frozen burrito and frozen chicken tortilla soup. Huzzah!

No comments:

Blog Archive