Unfortunately our snow blower is busted so we had to actually shovel our driveway. I felt like I was in a commercial for snow blowers. All my neighbors out pushing their snow blowers up and down their driveways with ease... and then Ryan and I working hard with our shovels not making nearly as much progress.
It's snowing pretty good again today. Millions of tiny fluffy snow flakes. We were in the grocery store maybe 20 minutes and our car was covered. The roads are pretty bad right now too. Although the trucks are out taking care of it. I'm enjoying cuddling up on the couch with the cats and the fire place.
Ryan bought himself a remote control helicopter. It's pretty nice. It can move in any direction and the cats are having a blast chasing it around the house haha. When they hear Ryan turn it on, they come running in and start chasing it and stalking it.
I found a nice craft project. I made my own magnetic spice rack. I really like the way it looks and it helps me clean up cabinet space. I got the idea from a blog that suggested recycling old baby food jars for the project. Without access to baby food jars, I bought some 1.5 oz hexagon jars on ebay. It's a really easy project, all you need are:
-Small glass jars with tight lids (baby food jars or purchased jars)
-spray paint
-paint pen (or a sharpie)
-super glue (I used gorilla glue)
-strong magnets (I used rare earth magnets from Amazon)
Make sure the jars are washed clean and free of paper/adhesive.
Label each jar with the pen and let dry completely.
Spray paint the tops and sides of the lids (do not paint the inside!) and let dry fully
When the lids are dry, glue the magnets to the middle of the lids. Let this dry for at least 24hrs.
Fill with spices!
It's that simple!
On the blog that used baby food jars, they put the magnet on the bottom of the jar and labeled the spices on the lids. I personally just preferred to see the glass instead of the lids.
No comments:
Post a Comment