I'm not doing a good job keeping this updated but I guess not that much has been going on.
Keyser is better. He had a really rough time though. The blockage basically stretched his bladder and weakened the muscles. He had to be taken to the vet a couple of times for them to express his bladder because he couldn't empty it completely. He was very uncomfortable and upset and he was essentially incontinent for a few days. It was unpleasant for everyone. The vet was nice and didn't charge us for those visits. He was also really good with Ky so I think we've found one vet to stick with at the vet office. Ky's bladder seems to be back down to a normal size and his muscles are working correctly.
Last weekend, Ryan brought home an AUDI Q7 to drive. It has a lot of power for such a large car. It reminded me a lot of the Journey LUX though. Except for the power, I liked the Journey better.
We also went to a BBQ/Bonfire up in Romeo, MI for Ryan's Young Professionals group. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a Special Education teacher who teaches in Clawson, MI. She said she would keep her feelers out for jobs. It's about a 30-45min drive without traffic and probably about an hour drive with traffic. So that isn't ideal but any teaching job is a blessing right now.
Only 2 jobs in my area have been posted this year. 2nd grade & 5th grade in Madison Heights, MI (same area as Clawson). However, they were gone almost as soon as they were posted and all I got was the "sorry you weren't picked" email. The girl I met said that hiring will probably go through August though. They don't start school until after Labor Day up here. Some schools just finished last week.
The next month will be a lot of traveling for me. I fly to MO next weekend for Bunker Hill. Fly back to MI the next weekend. Drive to Chicago for a YP trip the following weekend. And I fly back to MO the weekend after that with another flight from MO to Belize for a week. And then back.
I'm trying out Google+ right now. I signed up during the free invite yesterday. However, due to the massive amount of people who signed up in such a short time, they close the invites. Did anyone else get signed up?
There is also a "glitch" in the system right now where you can still sign up if someone with an account "shares" something with you.
It will be interesting to see if this takes off or where it will go. I like aspects of it right now but I've barely played with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment