The weekend after I returned from Bunker Hill, Ryan and I went to Chicago with his Young Professionals group. We took a 3.0L turbo-diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee in blackberry pearl, currently only available in the EU. I love that car. It gets 30mpg on the hwy and it's tank is huge so we were able to make it to/from Chicago on one tank of gas (Chrysler gas that we didn't have to pay for :-) ). We stayed about a mile south of the pier (which is just .5miles south of where I was last time) so we had a good location and walked everywhere. Not everyone on the trip was happy about the fact that Ryan and I decided to walk everywhere. Us walking got other people to walk which then made those who didn't want to walk feel like they had to. I don't feel bad though. The people who wanted to take a taxi everywhere were taking the weekend off from training for a half marathon. If you can run 10miles/day you can walk a few miles at a slow pace with the group. It was Ryan's first time in Chicago and we did a lot of exploring. The group paid for 2 dinners. One at a really nice, authentic Italian place and one at the Weber Grill. SO GOOD. The group also paid for an architecture boat tour at night. The boat took us around the river and ended by the pier for the Saturday night fireworks. Unfortunately, some random idiot threw a full, unopened Pepsi can at our boat as we passed under a bridge. It hit a guy in the head and cut him open. The tour had to detour to get him to an ambulance. People are idiots.
The next weekend, I returned to KC so our family could leave for Belize :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment