![]() |
| Sean + Theresa |
Subbing finally started this week after weeks of waiting. It's been a complicated & unorganized process. Since the county outsources it's substitutes the business isn't always on the same schedule as the schools. School started Sept. 6th but the first sub recruitment meeting for the year was Sept 16th. At the meeting they said it would take 2-4 weeks to process all the paperwork. We were told we would get an email with our log in information and then we would start getting phone calls after that. 2.5 weeks later I wake up to phone calls from the sub system. However, they hadn't sent me the email yet. So I could not even accept the call to hear what the jobs were because that had not sent me my PIN number yet. Worse than that is that the system is automated. If you just hang up and don't enter your PIN they system won't call you for another hour. If it happens a lot the system labels you as "non-responsive" and stops calling you as much over-all. Everything seems sorted out now though. The only downside is that I have 7 districts I am with and each district has a different PIN number to accept jobs from them. I have to keep a list of school districts and their PINs on me at all times now.
So far, I have a kindergarten sub job set-up for Thursday. I was supposed to have a half-day para-educator job today but unfortunately Keyser got sick last night and my $7.50/hr job was easier to cancel than Ryan missing a day of work.
Its been 3+ months since Ky was sick. But Keyser didn't go to the bathroom at all over the night and couldn't this morning. He went into the vet first thing this morning, she pumped him full of pain killers, antibiotics and steroids. He refused to pee for them or let them give him a fluid shot. He was NOT being nice or cooperative. His bladder wasn't full so he didn't appear to have a full blockage. Possibly a soft or partial block. Based on the small size of the bladder, he either wasn't blocked or had just blocked. She thought it was probably mostly swelling/irritation (which is always his main issue). So she sent him home under observation with orders to bring him back in if the meds didn't help him go. Luckily she was right. He just needed to relax and get rid of his swelling. 3 hours after being home he was finally able to go and he is much happier now. So I got to cancel his tentative second appointment for the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment