We bought some plants and it's really nice having living plants in the house. Keyser always eats everything living within his climbing abilities. Luckily we have built in shelving that he can't get to because it is impossible to find nice looking plants that won't kill your animals. I swear, everything pretty is poisonous.
Keyser has adopted the top of our bathroom cabinets as his new bed. We finally just placed his cat bed up there which I now regret. He never leaves it! If one of us goes into the bathroom and turns on the water in the shower, he comes sprinting into the room. He climbs up on the cabinets and naps for hours in the warm steam from the shower.
The cats have adjusted really well. Much better than I expected. They love it here but I also think they get a little bored sometimes. They are used to a house with 4 people, 2 dogs, an extra cat visitor and a basement full of stuff to explore. Kobi has started bringing toys to bed again. Trying to get someone to play with her while we sleep.
Ryan got a "bonus" from work. We didn't realize they were giving him money for "misc moving expenses" so it's like a bonus to us lol They sent him an email yesterday letting him know he will be getting $3,200 to cover any extra moving costs we had. Which since they paid for the movers, the only expense we had was gas getting up here.
We've had 2 issues since we moved into the house. Both were taken care of very quickly. We are loving our landlords so far. There was a working pit in our garage that was covered and seemed stable... however one day one of our tires drove on the wood and it bent under the weight. We had to back out and call the landlords. Larry was over with a contractor to fix it within 48hrs and they had it filled the next morning. Our other issue was a little flood. Thursday morning I turned on the dishwasher and hot water started shooting out from under the sink. Apparently, the connection on the main water line under the sink was bad and it popped off under the pressure of the water. So all that boiling hot water for the dishwasher was shooting out under high pressure. We were able to turn off our water, soak up the water on the floor/wall/cabinets and Larry and Kim came over that morning and fixed it.
I really like having my media pc hooked up to my TV in the living room. I don't miss cable at all. Between hulu and downloads we never have to miss a show we like. We just watch everything a day later. Our internet is 12mbps and we pretty much get the whole 12 so downloading and streaming is a piece of cake. My old computer monitor/tv is now hooked up to Ryan's computer in the office... he's loving the double screens lol
I guess that is all for now. I think we are meeting up with Scott at some point and checking out the area a little further today.
No comments:
Post a Comment